School children are waiting anxiously for the end of the school year when they can sleep late and enjoy the beautiful Texas weather.
With more free time, comes the stress of filling their days with productive, but fun activities. San Antonio offers a variety of different attractions for kids small and tall, young and old. What’s even better about these activities? All those listed on this blog are F-R-E-E!
- From 3 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Tuesdays, enjoy free admission at the Witte!
San Antonio Museum of Art
- From 4 p.m. to 9 p.m. on Tuesdays, the San Antonio Museum of Art admission is free.
Briscoe Western Art Museum
- Everyone gets in free on Tuesday nights from 4 p.m. to 9 p.m. Each Tuesday has a different education program or exhibit, so be sure to check out their website for exhibit schedules. Also, during all other open days/times, the Briscoe offers free admission, year-round, to children 12 and under and to all active military and their families (up to 4 people).
- It’s Free Family Night at the DoSeum the First and Third Tuesday of each month from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Parks and Nature Centers
Cibolo Nature Center
- Every Wednesday the Cibolo Nature Center invites preschoolers and their caregivers to a free Little Explorers nature adventure! Listen to stories, play games, explore the outdoors and more! Little Explores is from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m.
Mission Marquee Plaza
- Free Movie night at Mission Marquee Plaza Thursday, May 19th and Saturday, May 21st. May 19th’s movie will be Hunger Games. May 21st’s movie will be Inside Out. Movies will start at 6:30 p.m. Seats are first come, first some so be sure to get there early for a good viewing spot.
- Kids to Park Day takes place Saturday, May 21st at Eisenhower Park. Enjoy a guided nature walk, participate in art and nature activities, or work out at a fitness class. All activities are meant to inspire and educate about nature.
Voelcker Homestead on Salado Creek Greenway
- Come out on Saturday, May 21st at 9 a.m. to learn about wildflowers and butterflies from Master Naturalist Drake White. Enjoy a lovely walk on the Greenway with the whole family afterwards.
San Pedro Park Pool
- Take a dip in the community pool located in the second oldest park in the United States! The park gives people an opportunity to spend time enjoying the outdoors in a relaxing, family-friendly environment.
Amenities are first come, first serve.
Other Fun Events
Pearl Farmers Market
- Takes place every Saturday morning, rain or shine. Enjoy live music and free cooking demonstrations from local farmers and vendors.
Do you know of additional FREE events for the family? Feel free to share with us in the comments.